Covid-19: We are all in this together
At the Life of Wellness Institute, we value in person discovery based learning as much as we value the well-being of our students, our team, and our community. Covid-19 has given us an opportunity to put these values into action in re-designing how we deliver our programs.
This has always been the foundation of every decision we make for our institute. And in today’s world, we are grateful to have this way of thinking.
It is with these two filters in mind, and the alignment of the Yoga Alliance, and the advice of AHS and CDC that we have transitioned many of our programs and workshops to a live online platform. We also continue to provide our the appropriate portions of some of our programs in classrooms with elevated health and safety measures.
At the Life of Wellness Institute, we believe this is the best structure to maintain the quality of learning, the community collaboration, and classroom conversations while maintaining the highest standards for safety and health.
You can count on us to be in continual contact with you through out your programs and taking the appropriate steps to maintain both the quality of your training and safety.
As always we are here to support you, please click the button below to set up your exploration call. Together we will explore what you want to create, and what will support you to accomplish it.
What We are Doing
We have implemented additional preventive and precautionary measures in the interest of our students’ and employees’ health and well-being. These include:
- Props will not be shared, each student will have your own to use. If you would prefer to bring your own props or blankets, please feel free to do so. Yoga props are not needed, blankets and pillows will suffice.
- Increased and additional cleaning and disinfection of all equipment and common areas, and we have cleaning wipes and hand sanitizer on hand for the use of students and staff.
- Encouraging the proper hand washing technique among students’ and employees’ and having alcohol-based sanitizer readily available.
- Continued training and implementation of global standards of sanitation set forth by third parties, such as the EPA’s Registered Antimicrobial Products for use against Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 the cause of COVID-19.
We support your health and well-being during the program in which you are participating. As protective measures against the Coronavirus, we strongly recommend you do the following:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and especially after using the restroom and before eating. Also, as available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. We will have this available in the studio.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth, and eyes.
- We ask that everyone refrain from contact such as hugs, handshakes, and other body to body touch. We will be adjusting how we teach hands on assists during this time, and at no time will you be required to participate in an assist as the giver or receiver.
- If you have any of the symptoms of Covid-19 (fever, fatigue, dry cough, sore throat, loss of taste or smell) or upper-respiratory symptoms (coughing, fever, other flu-like symptoms), please notify us and stay home. Additionally, we recommend you follow the protocol set out by AHS to call 811.
- And otherwise, if you need to cough or sneeze, cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your elbow.
- Following the above steps can make the difference for you, and the environment for everyone. Please note that during the program we will remind everyone of these basic protective and difference-making actions. Also, for your own use, you can find the latest information at the World Health Organization website.