Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
This policy applies to all employees, contractors (including Trainers), volunteers and in-person workshop and course participants.
This policy is set out to provide a safe and healthy work environment for all employees, contractors and volunteers, and a safe and healthy learning environment for all in-person workshop participants.
Life of Wellness Institute leadership is responsible for:
- Communicating this policy to all employees, contractors, volunteers
- Implementing and maintaining this policy to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Checking employees’ proof of vaccination and recording this status
- Together with the workshop team, designing and implementing all reasonable precautions to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 in the workplace and in the learning centre
- Tracking and tracing any COVID-19 exposure in the workplace and learning centre
- Amending this policy as needed
Life of Wellness Institute facilitators are responsible for:
- Communicating this policy to all in-person workshop participants
- Checking in-person workshop participants’ proof of vaccination upon workshop entry
- Checking Trainers’ proof of vaccination and recording this status
- Understanding and complying with the policy
- Following current Alberta Health public health orders and Alberta Health Services public health guidelines
- Remaining vigilant in self-monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms and isolating until the symptoms have passed and/or produce a negative COVID-19 test if they are scheduled to facilitate a workshop in the Life of Wellness Institute learning centre or a community workshop
- Advising leadership immediately if they test positive for COVID-19 or are in close contact with someone infected with COVID-19
- Advising the leadership immediately if they test positive for COVID-19 or are in close contact with someone infected with COVID-19 if they are scheduled to facilitate a workshop in the Life of Wellness Institute learning centre
- Employees will be placed on unpaid, administrative leave until two weeks following the receipt of the complete vaccine series
- Contractors will not be booked for workshops and volunteers will be suspended until two weeks following the receipt of the complete vaccine series
Beginning 1 January 2022, employees, contractors and volunteers who have not produced proof of a complete vaccine series with the second dose administered two weeks or more before 1 January 2022 will be terminated.
Proof of vaccination and confidentiality
Employees, contractors, volunteers and in-person workshop participants must inform the Life of Wellness Institute of their vaccination status as soon as reasonably possible.
Employees, contractors and volunteers can meet with their Life of Wellness Institute founder in person or over video conference to share government-issued proof of vaccination.
- Employees, Facilitators, volunteers, and contractors meet with the Founder
- In-person workshop and training course participants share government-issued proof of vaccination as they enter the program
- In all cases, only the name, date and vaccination status will be recorded.
Contractors in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason must notify the Life of Wellness Institute prior to 30 November 2021, to initiate the accommodation process. Accommodations will be considered where they do not pose a threat to the health and safety of others, to the point of undue hardship. Applicants must disclose their need for accommodation, provide medical evidence and work with the Life of Wellness Institute to develop an accommodation plan. Accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
In-person workshop and course participants in need of an exemption to this policy due to a medical reason must contact the Life of Wellness Institute at least 2 weeks prior to the program. Accommodations will be made where possible to admit the participant to the workshop. The participant will need to provide proof of medical evidence and a negative COVID-19 test, either PCR or rapid, issued within 48 hours of entry. Participation will be made available virtually where possible.