- This event has passed.
200 Hour Vini Yoga Teacher Training
September 15 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Let’s discover the gift of Yoga together
Whether you are newly stepping into a life of yoga, deepening your practice, or learning to share this gift; together we will awaken your strength, empower you fully, and discover the teacher within you.
The foundations of Vini Yoga:
- Linkage of Breath and Movement: Vini yoga links movement with the breath, which makes each movement more powerful, mindful, and structurally integrated than non-breath-centered movement. Some poses are done on inhale; others, on exhale. We even use the breath to do subtle, yet powerful, micro-movements when we stay in a pose.
- Use of Movement and Stay: Vini yoga students move in and out of poses before staying in them. Movement systematically prepares the body to hold a pose by warming the muscle groups that will be taxed in that pose. The movement also helps reprogram habitual movement patterns, so students move more functionally, even in non-yoga activities. We can also flow between poses with the best of them!
- Adaptation: Vini yoga adapts poses to the practitioner, rather than assuming there is one “right” way to do a pose. The goal is to achieve the function of a pose, instead of its form. This means that two students can do the same pose but look significantly different from each other. Ideally, they are feeling the same effects of the pose in their body.
- Sequencing: Vini yoga teachers carefully design classes so that each pose prepares for or erases strain from the poses before and after it. Proper sequencing both makes the practices safer (both in the short term and for years of consistent practice) and allows the practitioner to move more deeply into each posture with greater ease.
This program runs on Tuesdays from Sep 15th to Jun 29th, from 9 am to 2:30 pm MST in our Airdrie Studio.
DATES & TIMES
- Module One – Tuesdays Sep 15, 22, 29, Oct 6, 20, 27, Nov 3, 10, 17, 24, Dec 1, 8, 15, Jan 5, 12, 19, 26, Feb 2, 9, 16
- Module Two – Tuesdays Feb 23, Mar 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Apr 6, 13, 20, 27, May 4, 11, 18, 25, Jun 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- 9:00 am to 2:30 pm MST