Trauma-Informed Care Workshop – CE Credit
April 17 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm MDTCAN $261.45
Trauma-informed care is a strengths-based practice framework that is grounded in the understanding and consideration of the pervasive nature and impact of trauma. We promote an environment of recovery rather than practices that may inadvertently re-traumatize.
Adopting a trauma-informed approach to your practice is not accomplished through a particular technique or checklist. In other words, it is an ongoing process that takes our constant caring awareness, attention, and sensitivity.
This workshop provides participants with tools, knowledge, and expertise on how to assist clients with care that emphasizes the physical, psychological, and emotional safety for both the practitioner and survivors. Above all, the program supports you in creating opportunities for survivors to rebuild autonomy, control, and empowerment.
- Participants will be able to define and understand the benefits of a trauma-informed practice reflected in the growing evidence.
- Participants will be able to identify potential trauma triggers specific to sharing yoga, meditation, and mindfulness practices.
- Participants will have the ability to modify teaching techniques to instruct with a trauma-informed lens.
- Participants will understand how to create embodied trauma-informed yoga, meditation, and mindfulness classes and events designed to foster and cultivate self-regulation.
- Participants will be able to identify additional tools and resources for their continued growth and education.
This program is registered with the Yoga Alliance for 15 hours of YACEP Continuing Education Credits
DATES & TIMES
2 DAY SERIES: We will meet via Zoom on Saturday, April 17th, and Sunday, April 18th from 9:00–5:00 PM MST with a 30-minute lunch break. (Convert to my time zone)
$249 CDN + GST = 261.45 – Estimated exchange $206 USD / £150 GBP / €170 EUR
Scholarships and payment plans available