Yoga for Prenatal to Postpartum – CE Credit
June 12 @ 9:00 am - June 13 @ 5:00 pm MDTCAD $261.45
The feminine body and mind experience significant changes during the various trimesters of pregnancy, and what is supportive in one trimester can be harmful in another. This program is designed to support a pregnant woman by both relaxing and strengthening her body and mind.
This workshop focuses on teaching you the fundamentals of yoga and movement in all three trimesters and postpartum in detail and includes both the changes of the woman’s body and that of the growing fetus. With an emphasis on you understanding the anatomical and physiological changes happening and how yoga can support health and relieve tension. We explore specific yoga poses, modifications and contraindications, pranayama (breathing exercises), meditations, and hands-on assists, and Thai massage for pregnant bodies.
- Participants will be able to describe the discomforts of pregnancy and types of birthing methods, and how yoga can help prepare the body for the birthing experience.
- Participants will have the ability to adapt yoga poses and sequence prenatal yoga classes in all stages of pregnancy.
- Participants will have the ability to teach pranayama (breathing exercise), and meditations to support self-regulation and the birthing process.
- Participants will have the ability to teach interoceptive awareness, connecting their students to listen to and take actions consistent with their innate wisdom and the power of their bodies.
- Participants will be able to identify additional tools and resources for their continued growth and education.
Meet your facilitators
This course is designed for yoga teachers and students wanting to gain the skills necessary to teach yoga to pregnant women. This course is also open to health care professionals working with pregnant women, doulas, midwives, nurses, etc. Pregnant women who would like a deeper understanding of how yoga can support their health and well-being during pregnancy are also invited to attend.
This program is registered with the Yoga Alliance for 15 hours of YACEP Continuing Education Credits
DATES & TIMES
2 DAY SERIES: We will meet via Zoom on Saturday, May 15th, and Sunday, May 16th from 9:00–5:00 PM MST with a 30-minute lunch break. (Convert to my time zone)
$249 CDN + GST = 261.45 – Estimated exchange $206 USD / £150 GBP / €170 EUR
Scholarships and payment plans available