Our Vision: Who we are and what we stand for
At the Life of Wellness Institute, we have a vision.
That every human being in the world awakens, experiences, and has consistent access to their inner strength and resilience.
That the difference that you are here to make in the world (your purpose or dharma) is completely fulfilled, and that you know yourself as being the one making that difference.
Firstly, we empowering you to clearly see your true self. Above all you will gain the tools, resources, and community to be with everything and anything in life with peace of mind and freedom.
Secondly, we mentor and support your development in sharing and teaching this anywhere in the world.
Our Vision is our north star that leads our actions from the drawing board to the classroom.
Why does our vision matter?
Well let’s face it the world is in need of transformation and it starts with each of us.
In our current culture we have more access to knowledge than any generation before us. In the area of well-being especially, there are more than a million books on self-care alone. There are considerably more for weight loss, and physical health. In North America new fitness, health care and alternative health care centers, and styles of treatment are opening every day. It seems that in almost every community you can find a wellness workshop or class at almost any moment.
And yet, even with all this knowledge, accessibility, and options there are more people unfulfilled and stressed than ever before. We are witnessing early onset of disease in our children that was historically only found in the elderly. We have new mental health disorders arising consistently, such as anxiety (first recognized in 1980).
A problem worth solving
When we look at these two facts together, it appears impossible that both are happening at the same time. How can we have more access, and yet also more illness and suffering than ever before? The universal answer is far beyond my wisdom, and yet there is simplicity to finding freedom in the individual.
We choose to be a stand for all people.
We will never stop standing for everyone to have access to who their true self. To know that we can be the source of our suffering or we can be the source of our aliveness, peace of mind and freedom. This is the why that guides our vision. It leads and guides our actions as an institute.
Transforming the world takes something that is confronting. It requires us to be responsible by facing our dis-empowerment and fears. This is not something we do once, it is an ongoing practice.
In the words of one of my mentors, “how dare you diminish the difference you are here to make”. The world needs each one of us empowered, in action, and fulfilled.
In conclusion, if we want a world that is different, it starts with being different for ourselves and the community around us.
- Professional ethics and standards are crucial to our vision and values. Therefore, are an integral part of our school and classes.
- In addition to our values, we follow the International Coaching Federations Ethics and Standards, and the Yoga Alliance Ethical Commitments.
- Our students are perfect as they are. And, our role is supporting them in reaching their goals and creating their vision in the world.
- Partnership exists between students and the teacher. Above all, our role is to support the learning, self-discovery, and healing process.
- The teacher is only a guide that creates a space for self-discovery, that the true guru lives within the individual
- We honor the choice for our students, teachers, followers, and everyone in the world to choose for themselves.
- In offering the teachings of Yoga for all to discover, and to support each individual in finding their own experience, and freely apply learning uniquely in support of their own personal well-being.
The programs at the Life of Wellness Institute are founded in the following practices:
- That each individual has their own inner sanctuary, “Gharba”. Where our most pristine self is in complete intactness. The place where our true Self resides. Where freedom from imbalance, expectations, and judgment of our current society, and koshas is possible.
- In an honoring approach to Yoga that holds space for all 5 layers of self (Koshas) to be in supportive balance.
- In the self’s innate ability to heal, experience, and honor each person’s own unique path.
- We honor the choice for each individual to discover and honor their own balance between Pravritti and Nivritti.
- By being with our true self, in all our ways of being, we begin the process of finding liberation.
- We honor the history of Yoga, with its many branches, its wisdom, and our lineage, as an exploratory opportunity for the liberation of suffering. While also inviting curiosity and the ability to consistently discover newly.