In-Depth 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
BECOME CERTIFIED TO TEACH VINI YOGA - VINYASA YOGA - RESTORATIVE YOGA - YOGA NIDRA - TRAUMA-SENSITIVE YOGA - PRANAYAMA - MEDITATION - GROUP YOGA CLASSES AND 1:1 SESSIONS
BEGIN EMBRACING EMBODIED LIVING, WITH A FOUNDATION OF THE EIGHT LIMBS OF YOGAAt the Life of Wellness Institute, the first step in the journey is so more than learning to teach Yoga. It begins with you seeing yourself as you truly are. For you develop expertise in the practices, tools, resources, and support Yoga provides. Allowing you to be with everything and anything in your life with peace of mind, ease, and freedom.
Our programs are designed to develop self-knowledge with loving-kindness, with interoceptive learning through a trauma-informed lens, ultimately deepening your connection to inner wisdom. Preparing and empowering you to confidently and lovingly share this gift with others.
We take this journey together, discovering our true selves, empowering our inner strength and resilience, and discovering the universal truth. That we are whole and complete as we are.
Our training is led live with the supportive guidance of our founder and lead teacher Melanie Taylor.
Not everyone decides to takes our training to become a teacher. Students also join to develop peace of mind, increase their quality of life, support their physical and mental health. The tools & experiences you gain are universal & may be applied to all aspects of your life.
Our Student's Voice Matters , Hear Their Experience
Four Key Differentiators of ViniYoga
The beauty of this lineage and methodology is the adaptability to every student, in every moment. As a yoga teacher this is essential to honoring and supporting the yogi! Viniyoga meets each yogi EXACTLY where they are and adapts the practice to meet the unique condition and specific goals of the yogi. In this way everything about the practice is customized to the student. There is no single practice, no single style, no single intention, and no right way to be in a pose. From this foundation Viniyoga can be as gentle and as strong as any other practice while also honoring the individual as they are.
Viniyoga (prefixes vi and ni plus yoga) is an ancient Sanskrit term that implies differentiation, adaptation, and appropriate application. For our founder it has become an honoring true self, leaning in to resistance with curious discovery and loving kindness.
Viniyoga is a comprehensive and authentic transmission of the teachings of yoga including āsana, prāṇāyāma, bandha, sound, chanting, meditation, personal ritual and study of texts.
TEACHING PRINCIPLES INTEGRATED THROUGHOUT THE PROGRAM
- Principles of Observation, Instruction, Demonstration
- Foundations of Trauma-Informed Teaching, How and When to include Safe Touch
- Art, Science, and Krama of Sequencing
- Class Planning and Teaching Classes
- Teaching gentle, moderate and vigorous movement
- Principles and Ethics of Teaching
- Philosophy and Ethics of Teaching
- Teaching as a Profession
- Philosophy of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and the Eight Limbs pt 1
- Koshas, Ayurvedic Elements, Dosha, Kleshas, Ojas, and Yamas
- Foundations of ViniYoga and Trauma-Informed Teaching
- Central Nervous System
- Interoception and Pranayama of Easeful Breath
- Somatic and relational movement of the body and foundations of adaptation pt 1
- Myofascia meridians and connected tissue pt 1
- Functional Anatomy and Physiology: the foot to the pelvis
- Krama of Restorative and Vinyasa Yoga, and foundations of meditation
- Principles of standing, seated, supine, stabilizing, symmetrical, asymmetrical, forward folds, gentle hip opening, and twisting Asana
- Ethics of Yoga, Inclusivity and boundary setting
- Cultivating Sadhana in personal practice
- Dharma: connecting with the power and expression of true self
- Philosophy of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and the Eight Limbs pt 2
- Koshas, Ayurvedic Elements, Tejas, Prana, and Niyamas
- Practice of Pranayama and the Energetic Body
- Breath in Asana Practice
- Somatic and relational movement of the body and foundations of adaptation pt 2
- Somatic engagement of the body
- Bandhas and Integrating Layers of Core
- Chakras and Neuroendocrine System
- Myofascia meridians and connected tissue pt 2
- Functional Anatomy and Physiology: the pelvis to the head
- Core and Spinal Integrity
- Krama of Yin and Nidra Yoga, and deepening meditation
- Principles of backbends, arm balancing, inversion, hip opening, and twisting Asana
- The business of Yoga and the fulfilled teacher
A Message from Our Founder
Through Tapas (discipline), I cultivated consistency in compassionate self love and loving kindness. In practicing Svadhyaya (study of self), I developed inner wisdom and the ability to restore to my true self. And most importantly, the contentment of Santosha, which reminds me that the journey to mastery is the journey of a lifetime.
This is my advice to you as a Yogi is lean into a practice that supports you fully and practice it in a way that honors you.
It is on our own mat that we develop ourselves to share this gift. When we are able to put ourselves aside and be the guide for our students to discover their own practice of honoring their true self.
We limit our class sizes to create an intimate, inclusive, and highly effective environment while building a uniquely beautiful tribe. So you can sleep well knowing that we are able to spend quality time with you while maximizing your learning potential and creating a support network for the future.
In this training, you will:
Experience how discovery-based learning improves your knowledge retention so that you can sleep well knowing your time and investment is secure.
Become a part of our teacher network, with ongoing support for your personal practice and teacher journey.
Benefit from our founders 30+ years of experience in yoga, emotional resilience, and discovery-based teaching so that you can deepen your personal practice while connecting with your inner teacher and share the gift of yoga authentically and fully.
Be honored and supported by our senior teacher who is dedicated to you finding and deepening your individual practice, connecting to your Dharma, and sharing it authentically with the world.
We are an accredited Canadian School and issue official tax receipts for your tuition, and our graduates may register with the Yoga Alliance.
During our journey together you will:Be honored as who you are and supported in your own journey with loving-kindness, empathy, and curiosity
Be part of a supportive community that values your experience and wisdom as a source of deeper learning
Create a foundation through the ancient teachings of ViniYoga and the skills of discovery-based transformative learning to deliver a customized and complete experience to your students and clients
Identify your individual niche with the clarity to know, connect with and find your ideal students and clients
Design your own business plan complete with resources you need to successfully live the life of an entrepreneur
Confidently step into your inner strength with ease knowing that your teacher will champion and guide you to fulfilling your dreams
Boldly and courageously step into your self-expression and claim your value in your life and as a ViniYoga Teacher
Through discovery based transformative learning you will discover the foundations of the yogic way of living, find ease and peace in your mind body, and spirit, given the tools and resources to create individual and group session plans at ease and be ready to boldly step in a career as a ViniYoga teacher.
Together we will design the career you want, with the skills to set you up for success, and the support network to the life you up and continue your journey.
All while having fun, creating a tribe, and developing ease in the mind, body and spirit.
Our application process has 4 steps:
We get it! We know that doing something just for you is already a daily struggle. Even taking a quiet bath to yourself, or going on a walk can feel impossible to make time for. We also know that we are living in very difficult times, which makes investing in yourself an even harder choice! This is why we offer 3 tuition choices.
- I can support another: For those who have the means to support another, you are able to donate to our scholarship fund. (All funds are used to offer scholarships to other students).
- I can pay with a payment plan: We offer self-created payment plans with zero fees and zero interest. At the end of your application form you will be sent to a form to tell us when and what you want your payments to be within the timeline of your training program.
- I can attend with a scholarship: We get it! Yoga is a gift, one that was shared with me initially through a scholarship. For me, it is very important that it is accessible to everyone. This is why we offer 4 scholarship levels (25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%). Click here to apply
4. Show up to classroom just as you are!
Melanie, I need to impress upon you what you are doing is profoundly important. You are giving women a new lease on life, the value is priceless. Nothing but love and respect for you. Sometimes you light candles, sometimes you light a firecracker. This time you lit a lighthouse that will endure and guide others as well.Lindsey CoyleFounderAirdrie Exchange
Melanie at Life of Wellness has been a mentor of mine for just over 2 years now. She has mentored me through my 200hr yoga teacher training as well as my Thai massage therapy training. Melanie holds a vast wealth of knowledge in many different aspects and is very supportive in helping her students succeed. She is such a kind, compassionate and caring soul. I am honored to have had her as a mentor, teacher, and friend over these past few years!
Melanie was a key part of my Yoga Teacher Training experience. She taught with kindness, empathy, and skill. I hope to embody those qualities as a yoga teacher myself. I would highly recommend taking any classes from Mel.Kristen PowellFounderResonance Art Studio
Melanie is a role model to me in mothership and cares for her clients in a way that always has them feeling listened to and well understood. I have had the honor of learning yoga teacher training from Melanie and we both share a passion for bringing tools to our clients for stress reduction, the empowerment humanity and trauma-informed practices. Melanie is a key support person for those of us in this community and has volunteered endless hours of time to better the community and support the people who are part of it.
I started as a student of Melanie's in Jan 2018 during my 200 hr yoga teacher training and loved her so much that we became co-facilitators of an embodiment and mindfulness focused program this past year! Melanie is able to connect with people through her vulnerability and compassion; she meets her students where they are at and is a beacon of light towards a newfound experience of empowerment and self-love. Thank you for continuing to challenge and support me in all I am up to in the world, Mel!Sherri StokesFounder and Yoga TeacherOasis Within
Melanie is such a wonderful teacher and what’s more, is she uses her whole heart in her teachings which make her classes authentic and real!