In-Depth 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Viniyoga: Transformative Yoga Practice
Embark on a journey shaped by over three decades of experience in Hatha Yoga training, teaching, and personal practice. It was a personal encounter with Viniyoga that forever altered our founder’s path, unveiling a new dimension. What captivated her was the emphasis on movement coupled with adaptive approaches, which honored each yogi’s unique moment. This synergy, combined with breath-guided movement she had embraced for years, laid the groundwork for what would eventually become the Life of Wellness Institute. The past ten years have been dedicated to sharing this transformative methodology.
At the core of this lineage lies its remarkable adaptability to every student, in every instance. This adaptability is paramount in supporting and respecting yogis as yoga teachers. Viniyoga meets each practitioner precisely where they stand, tailoring the practice to their individual condition and specific goals. Thus, the entire practice is personalized for each student—it transcends fixed routines, styles, and intentions, celebrating the uniqueness of every pose. With this foundation, Viniyoga accommodates both gentle and rigorous practices, all while valuing the individual as they are.
Viniyoga, derived from the ancient Sanskrit term (prefixes vi and ni plus yoga), embodies differentiation, adaptation, and apt application. For our founder, it serves as a compass for honoring the authentic self and approaching resistance with curiosity and compassionate loving-kindness. Viniyoga manifests as a comprehensive and authentic transmission of yoga’s teachings, encompassing āsana, prāṇāyāma, bandha, sound, chanting, meditation, personal ritual, and text study. It’s an evolution that promises transformative growth and embracing one’s true essence.
Four Key Differentiators of ViniYoga
Embark on an Empowering Yogic Lifestyle with the Eight Limbs of Yoga
At the Life of Wellness Institute, our journey towards a Yogic Lifestyle transcends the ordinary scope of teaching Yoga. It commences with the core essence of Yoga – union. This union signifies the tranquil alignment with your authentic self, devoid of the mind’s distortions. Our mission is to create the capacity and nurturing environment for you to engage with life’s spectrum, fostering peace, ease, and liberation.
Building upon this foundation, our programs offer a pathway to self-discovery. We approach this journey with compassion, trauma-informed principles, body neutrality, and a focus on cultivating functionality. Rooted in the Eight Limbs of Yoga, Ayurveda, and Science, our teachings aim to deepen your connection with your inner wisdom. We equip you with tools, resources, and support, empowering you to confidently share this profound gift with others.
Central to our approach is the traditional cohort model, uniting live virtual and in-person classes. This environment not only fosters lifelong friendships but also cultivates a sense of community support unique to Yoga Teacher training. You’re not just trained – you’re welcomed into a network of certified teachers, offering a continuous exchange of best practices, collaborative problem-solving, and warding off the isolation that often accompanies solopreneurship.
Not certain about teaching? Our training serves a variety of aspirations. Many students join to enhance their peace of mind, elevate their quality of life, and bolster their physical and mental well-being. The tools and experiences gained in our program hold universal relevance, enriching every facet of your life.
Guided by our founder, Melanie Taylor – a seasoned Yoga Therapist and lead teacher – our training unfolds in live virtual or in-person formats. Join us as we empower you to embrace an enlightened journey toward a Yogic Lifestyle.
In My Personal Yogic Journey
In my personal journey through yoga, I’ve discovered a transformative practice that brings a profound sense of peace and balance to my body, mind, and spirit. It’s a practice that connects me to my authentic self, and allows me to express my purpose (Dharma) with clarity and deep fulfillment.
Through the power of discipline (Tapas), I’ve nurtured compassionate self-love and cultivated a teaching presence infused with curiosity and loving-kindness. The practice of self-study (Svadhyaya) has unlocked my inner wisdom, guiding me towards a restoration of my true essence. Most importantly, the contentment of Santosha reminds me that the path to mastery is an ongoing journey, a continuous evolution.
As a fellow yogi, my advice to you is to embrace a practice that wholeheartedly supports you and engage with it in a way that honors your uniqueness.
On our individual mats, we nurture our own growth, which in turn enables us to guide our students toward discovering their own path of self-honoring practice. This is precisely why we maintain small class sizes. We create a compassionate space for both individual and community learning, fostering an environment that is intimate, inclusive, diverse, and exceptionally effective for learning. All the while, we cultivate a warm community of friendship, support, and empowerment. Our commitment is to offer you quality time, maximizing your learning potential and forging a support network for your journey ahead.
I warmly invite you to schedule an exploratory call with me. Let’s have a conversation where I can address your questions and ensure that our training aligns with the future you envision.
Unlock Your Potential: Earn Certification to Teach Viniyoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Restorative Yoga, and More!
Embark on a transformative yoga teacher training journey, available via live virtual classrooms, for a comprehensive and immersive learning experience. Elevate your expertise by becoming a certified instructor in a wide spectrum of practices, such as Viniyoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Trauma-Informed Yoga, Pranayama, Meditation, Group Classes, and 1:1 Sessions – all accessible in both in-person and virtual formats.
Fall 2023 – Winter 2024 – Closed for applications – Please contact for more information
- September 14th, 2023: 6-8:30 PM MST
- October 14-15, November 4-5, 18-19, Dec 2-3, 16-17, January 13-14, 27-28, February 10-11, 24-25, March 9-10, 23-24, April 13-14
- Time: 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM MST
Fall 2024 – Winter 2025 – Open for applications
- September 18th, 2024: 6-8:30 PM MST
- September 21-22, October 5-6, 19-20, November 2-3, 16-17, 30-Dec 1, January 11-12, 25-26, February 8-9, 22-23, March 8-9, 22-23
- Time: 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM MST
What You’ll Gain:
- Benefit from our founder’s 30+ years of experience in yoga, emotional resilience, and discovery-based teaching.
- Deepen your personal practice while connecting with your inner teacher.
- Learn to share the gift of yoga authentically and confidently.
- Join a supportive community and receive ongoing personal practice and teacher journey support.
- Develop a foundation in ViniYoga and discovery-based transformative learning.
- Identify your niche and connect with your ideal students and clients.
- Begin a business plan for entrepreneurial success.
- Step into your inner strength with ease and guidance.
- Embrace self-expression and claim your value as a ViniYoga Teacher.
- Discover the yogic way of living and create customized session plans.
- Design the career you want with a network of support and guidance.
Note: We are an accredited Canadian School offering official tax receipts for your tuition. Graduates can register with the Yoga Alliance.
TEACHING PRINCIPLES INTEGRATED THROUGHOUT THE PROGRAM
- Principles of Observation, Instruction, Demonstration
- Foundations of Trauma-Informed, Body Neutral and Body-Functionality Teaching
- Teaching, How and When to include Safe Touch
- Art, Science, and Krama of Sequencing
- Class Planning and Teaching Classes
- Teaching gentle, moderate, and vigorous movement
- Principles and Ethics of Teaching
- Philosophy and Ethics of Teaching
- Teaching as a Profession
- Philosophy of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and the Eight Limbs pt one
- Koshas, Ayurvedic Elements, Dosha, Kleshas, Ojas, and Yamas
- Foundations of ViniYoga and Trauma-Informed Teaching
- Central Nervous System
- Interoception and Pranayama of Easeful Breath
- Somatic and relational movement of the body and foundations of adaptation pt one
- Myofascia meridians and connected tissue pt one
- Functional Anatomy and Physiology: the foot to the pelvis
- Krama of Restorative and Vinyasa Yoga, and foundations of meditation
- Principles of standing, seated, supine, stabilizing, symmetrical, asymmetrical, forward folds, gentle hip opening, and twisting
- Ethics of Yoga, Inclusivity and boundary setting
- Cultivating Sadhana in personal practice
- Dharma: connecting with the power and expression of true self
- Philosophy of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and the Eight Limbs pt two
- Koshas, Ayurvedic Elements, Tejas, Prana, and Niyamas
- The practice of Pranayama and the
- Energetic Body
- Breath in Asana Practice
- Somatic and relational movement of the body and foundations of adaptation pt two
- Somatic engagement of the body
- Bandhas and Integrating Layers of Core
- Chakras and Neuroendocrine System
- Myofascia meridians and connected tissue pt two
- Functional Anatomy and Physiology: the pelvis to the head
- Core and Spinal Integrity
- Krama of Yin and Nidra Yoga, and deepening meditation
- Principles of backbends, arm balancing, inversion, hip opening, and twisting Asana
- The business of Yoga and the fulfilled teacher
200 Hour Required Book List
The following is a carefully curated list of books to support and deepen your learning. We have additional recommended books that are not required. We have provided them for you to consider after training should you wish to deepen your learning.
For ease of ordering, you can click the book order to be directed to Amazon. We are an Amazon affiliate and utilize the program to fund our scholarships.