Eight Limbs of Yoga
with a foundation of Ayurveda and Science
In-Depth 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Become certified to teach Vini Yoga - Vinyasa Yoga - Restorative Yoga - Yoga Nidra - Trauma-Informed Yoga - Pranayama - Meditation - Group Classes and 1:1 Sessions in person or virtually
At the Life of Wellness Institute, the first step in designing a Yogic Lifestyle is so more than learning to teach Yoga. It begins with the goal of Yoga, which is union. Essentially the peaceful union of you seeing yourself as you truly are, without the colorings of the mind. Creating the capacity and holding space for you to be with everything and anything in your life with peace of mind, ease, and freedom. From this foundation, we develop expertise in the practices, tools, resources, and support Yoga provides.
Our programs are designed to develop self-knowledge with compassionate loving-kindness, interoceptive learning through a trauma-informed and body-neutral lens, founded in the Eight Limbs of Yoga, Ayurveda, and Science. To ultimately deepen your connection to your inner wisdom, and prepare and empower you to confidently and lovingly share this gift with others.
Our traditional cohort model with live virtual and in person offerings, holds space for lifelong friendships and community support that Yoga Teacher training unique create. While also connecting you with our network of certified teachers for a lifetime of sharing best practices, facing industry challenges, and preventing the isolation often experienced in solopreneurship.
Not sure if you want to teach? Not everyone takes their training to become a teacher. Students also join to develop peace of mind, increase their quality of life, and support their physical and mental health. The tools & experiences you gain are universal & may be applied to all aspects of your life.
Our training is led live virtually or in-person with the supportive guidance of our founder, Yoga Therapist, and lead teacher Melanie Taylor.
Four Key Differentiators of ViniYoga
The beauty of this lineage and methodology is the adaptability to every student, in every moment. As a yoga teacher, this is essential to honoring and supporting the yogi! Viniyoga meets each yogi EXACTLY where they are and adapts the practice to meet the unique condition and specific goals of the yogi. In this way, everything about the practice is customized to the student. There is no single practice, no single style, no single intention, and no right way to be in a pose. From this foundation, Viniyoga can be as gentle and as strong as any other practice while also honoring the individual as they are.
Viniyoga (prefixes vi and ni plus yoga) is an ancient Sanskrit term that implies differentiation, adaptation, and appropriate application. For our founder, it has become an honoring of true self, while leaning into our resistance with curious discovery and compassionate loving-kindness.
Viniyoga is a comprehensive and authentic transmission of the teachings of yoga including āsana, prāṇāyāma, bandha, sound, chanting, meditation, personal ritual and study of texts.
Upcoming Training Schedule
Winter/Spring 2022Live classroom dates:
January 3rd 6-8:30 PM MST
January 8-9, 22-23, February 5-6, 26-27, March 12-13, 26-27, April 9-10, 23-24, May 14-15, 28-29, June 11-12, 25-26
Time: 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM MST
Fall 2022 - Winter 2023Live classroom dates:
September 8th 6-8:30 PM MST
September 10-11, 24-25, October 15-16, 29-30, November 12-13, 26-27, January 7-8, 21-22, February 4-5, 18-19, March 4-5, 18-19
Time: 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM MST
In this training, you will:
• Increase your learning potential in our small class sizes while gaining a powerful community of support and camaraderie.
• Experience how discovery-based learning improves your knowledge retention so that you can sleep well knowing your time and investment is secure.
• Become a part of our teacher network, with ongoing support for your personal practice and teacher journey.
• Benefit from our founder's 30+ years of experience in yoga, emotional resilience, and discovery-based teaching so that you can deepen your personal practice while connecting with your inner teacher and share the gift of yoga authentically and fully.
• Be honored and supported by our senior teacher who is dedicated to you finding and deepening your individual practice, connecting to your Dharma, and sharing it authentically with the world.
During our journey together you will:• Be honored as who you are and supported in your own journey with loving-kindness, empathy, and curiosity
• Be part of a supportive community that values your experience and wisdom as a source of deeper learning
• Create a foundation through the ancient teachings of ViniYoga and the skills of discovery-based transformative learning to deliver a customized and complete experience to your students and clients
• Identify your individual niche with the clarity to know, connect with and find your ideal students and clients
• Design your own business plan complete with resources you need to successfully live the life of an entrepreneur
• Confidently step into your inner strength with ease knowing that your teacher will champion and guide you to fulfilling your dreams
• Boldly and courageously step into your self-expression and claim your value in your life and as a ViniYoga Teacher
• Through discovery based transformative learning you will discover the foundations of the yogic way of living, find ease and peace in your mind, body, and spirit, given the tools and resources to create individual and group session plans at ease and be ready to boldly step in a career as a ViniYoga teacher.
• Together we will design the career you want, with the skills to set you up for success, and the support network to lift you up and continue your journey.
• All while having fun, creating a community, and developing ease in the mind, body, and spirit.
* We are an accredited Canadian School and issue official tax receipts for your tuition, and our graduates may register with the Yoga Alliance.
A Message from Our Founder
Through Tapas (discipline), I have cultivated compassionate self-love and my teaching presence of curiosity and loving-kindness. Through practicing Svadhyaya (study of self), I have developed my inner wisdom and the ability to restore to my true self. Most importantly, the contentment of Santosha, which reminds me that the journey to mastery is the journey of a lifetime.
My advice to you as a Yogi, is to lean into a practice that supports you fully and practice it in a way that honors you.
It is on our own mat that we develop ourselves to share this gift. When we are able to put ourselves aside and be the guide for our students to discover their own practice of honoring their true selves.
This is why we limit our class sizes! We hold a compassionate space for individual and community learning. Providing you an environment that is intimate, inclusive, adverse, and highly effective for learning. All while building a uniquely beautiful community of friendship, support, and empowerment. So that you can sleep well knowing that we are able to spend quality time with you while maximizing your learning potential and creating a support network for the future.
I invite you to book an exploration call with me, where I can answer your questions, and ensure that our training is a fit for the future you are designing.
Our Student's Voice Matters. Learn about their experience.
TEACHING PRINCIPLES INTEGRATED THROUGHOUT THE PROGRAM
- Principles of Observation, Instruction, Demonstration
- Foundations of Trauma-Informed and Body Neutral Teaching
- Teaching, How and When to include Safe Touch
- Art, Science, and Krama of Sequencing
- Class Planning and Teaching Classes
- Teaching gentle, moderate, and vigorous movement
- Principles and Ethics of Teaching
- Philosophy and Ethics of Teaching
- Teaching as a Profession
- Philosophy of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and the Eight Limbs pt one
- Koshas, Ayurvedic Elements, Dosha, Kleshas, Ojas, and Yamas
- Foundations of ViniYoga and Trauma-Informed Teaching
- Central Nervous System
- Interoception and Pranayama of Easeful Breath
- Somatic and relational movement of the body and foundations of adaptation pt one
- Myofascia meridians and connected tissue pt one
- Functional Anatomy and Physiology: the foot to the pelvis
- Krama of Restorative and Vinyasa Yoga, and foundations of meditation
- Principles of standing, seated, supine, stabilizing, symmetrical, asymmetrical, forward folds, gentle hip opening, and twisting
- Ethics of Yoga, Inclusivity and boundary setting
- Cultivating Sadhana in personal practice
- Dharma: connecting with the power and expression of true self
- Philosophy of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and the Eight Limbs pt two
- Koshas, Ayurvedic Elements, Tejas, Prana, and Niyamas
- The practice of Pranayama and the
- Energetic Body
- Breath in Asana Practice
- Somatic and relational movement of the body and foundations of adaptation pt two
- Somatic engagement of the body
- Bandhas and Integrating Layers of Core
- Chakras and Neuroendocrine System
- Myofascia meridians and connected tissue pt two
- Functional Anatomy and Physiology: the pelvis to the head
- Core and Spinal Integrity
- Krama of Yin and Nidra Yoga, and deepening meditation
- Principles of backbends, arm balancing, inversion, hip opening, and twisting Asana
- The business of Yoga and the fulfilled teacher