Advanced 300 Hour with Ayurvedic Somatic Coaching
Develop Mastery in the teachings of the Yoga Sutras and the skills of Coaching, Teacher Presence, and Become Certified to offer 1:1 Yoga Coaching Sessions in person or virtually
As an Institute, we exist to create an environment where everybody in every body can experience our vision of “Compassionately Embracing Our True Selves as We Navigate All of Life’s Experiences”. We can not do this alone! This is why we offer our 300 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training with a foundation of the Yoga Sutras, the Eight Limbs of Yoga, Ayurveda, and Somatic Science.
Our Ayurvedic Somatic Coaching methodology was designed by our Founder and Senior teacher Melanie Taylor, who has more than 30 years of experience as a Transformational Coach, Thai Massage & Yoga Therapist specializing in stress, trauma, PTSD, eating disorder/disordered eating, and mental health recovery.
This program begins where the 200 Hour program ends, providing an advanced study of Yoga to develop mastery and a more deeply embodied and intuitive teaching presence. You will be certified to offer our Yogic Coaching Methodology 1:1 with your students, individualizing an embodied unique practice suited to their needs, desires, and suffering.
Together we will develop your capacity to fully embody your presence and purpose, and to offer your students the opportunity to reach the full potential of human life; physically, emotionally, cognitively, socially, and creatively.
Four Key Differentiators of ViniYoga
The beauty of this lineage and methodology is the adaptability to every student, in every moment. This is essential to honoring and supporting the yogi as a yoga teacher! Viniyoga meets each yogi EXACTLY where they are and adapts the practice to meet the yogi's unique condition and specific goals. In this way, everything about the practice is customized to the student. There is no single practice, no single style, no single intention, and no right way to be in a pose. From this foundation, Viniyoga can be as gentle and as rigorous as any other practice while also honoring the individual as they are.
Viniyoga (prefixes vi and ni plus yoga) is an ancient Sanskrit term that implies differentiation, adaptation, and appropriate application. For our founder, it has become a guide for honoring the true self while leaning into our resistance with curious discovery and compassionate, loving-kindness.
Viniyoga is a comprehensive and authentic transmission of the teachings of yoga, including āsana, prāṇāyāma, bandha, sound, chanting, meditation, personal ritual, and study of texts.
Upcoming Training Schedule
Now accepting applications: Click here to applyThis course is offered through live virtual classrooms
2023 Fall CohortModule 1: Advanced Philosophy, Ethics, and Teacher Presence
Night Classes - Tuesdays, September 5, 2023 to March 5, 2024
Time: 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM MST / 6:00 PM to 10 PM EST
2023 - Sept 5, 12, 19, 26, Oct 3, 10, 17, 24, Mon Oct 30, Nov 7, 14, 21, 28, Dec 5, 12,
2024 - Jan 9, 16, 23, 30, Feb 6, 13, 20, 27, Mar 5
Module 2: Advanced Anatomy and Teaching
2024 Weekend Intensives - Mar 23/24, Apr 6/7 and 20/21, May 4/5 and Jun 1/2
Time: 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM MST / 9:00 AM to 7:30 PM EST
Module 3: Transforming Lives with Advanced Yoga
Night Classes - Tuesday, Sep 10, 2024, to Feb 4, 2025
Time: 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM MST / 6:00 PM to 10 PM EST
2024 - Sep 10, 17, 24, Oct 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, Nov 5, 12, 19, 26, Dec 3, 10
2025 - Jan 7, 14, 21, 28, Feb 4
Required Book List
In this training, you will:
• Increase your learning potential in our small class sizes while gaining a powerful community of support and camaraderie.
• Experience how discovery-based learning improves your knowledge retention so that you can sleep well knowing your time and investment is secure.
• Become a part of our teacher network, with ongoing support for your personal practice and teacher journey.
• Benefit from our founder's 30+ years of experience in yoga, emotional resilience, and discovery-based teaching so that you can deepen your personal practice while connecting with your inner teacher and share the gift of yoga authentically and fully.
• Be honored and supported by our senior teacher who is dedicated to you finding and deepening your individual practice, connecting to your Dharma, and sharing it authentically with the world.
During our journey together you will:• Be honored as who you are and supported in your own journey with loving-kindness, empathy, and curiosity
• Be part of a supportive community that values your experience and wisdom as a source of deeper learning
• Create a foundation through the ancient teachings of ViniYoga and the skills of discovery-based transformative learning to deliver a customized and complete experience to your students and clients
• Identify your individual niche with the clarity to know, connect with and find your ideal students and clients
• Design your own business plan complete with resources you need to successfully live the life of an entrepreneur
• Confidently step into your inner strength with ease knowing that your teacher will champion and guide you to fulfilling your dreams
• Boldly and courageously step into your self-expression and claim your value in your life and as a ViniYoga Teacher
• Through discovery based transformative learning you will discover the foundations of the yogic way of living, find ease and peace in your mind, body, and spirit, given the tools and resources to create individual and group session plans at ease and be ready to boldly step in a career as a ViniYoga teacher.
• Together we will design the career you want, with the skills to set you up for success, and the support network to lift you up and continue your journey.
• All while having fun, creating a community, and developing ease in the mind, body, and spirit.
* We are an accredited Canadian School and issue official tax receipts for your tuition, and our graduates may register with the Yoga Alliance.,
300 Hour Required Book List
The following is a carefully curated list of books to support and deepen your learning. We have additional recoomended books that are not required. We have provided them for you to consider after training should you wish to deepen your learning.
Click here to see some of Melanie’s favorite books.
For ease of ordering, you can click the book order to be directed to Amazon. We are an Amazon affiliate and utilize the program to fund our scholarships.
A Message from Our Founder
Through Tapas (discipline), I have cultivated compassionate self-love and my teaching presence of curiosity and loving-kindness. Through practicing Svadhyaya (study of self), I have developed my inner wisdom and the ability to restore to my true self. Most importantly, the contentment of Santosha, which reminds me that the journey to mastery is the journey of a lifetime.
My advice to you as a Yogi, is to lean into a practice that supports you fully and practice it in a way that honors you.
It is on our own mat that we develop ourselves to share this gift. When we are able to put ourselves aside and be the guide for our students to discover their own practice of honoring their true selves.
This is why we limit our class sizes! We hold a compassionate space for individual and community learning. Providing you an environment that is intimate, inclusive, adverse, and highly effective for learning. All while building a uniquely beautiful community of friendship, support, and empowerment. So that you can sleep well knowing that we are able to spend quality time with you while maximizing your learning potential and creating a support network for the future.
I invite you to book an exploration call with me, where I can answer your questions, and ensure that our training is a fit for the future you are designing.
This Certificate Program is open to students who have completed a 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Certification with a Yoga Alliance Certified School. If your 200-hour training was not through the Life of Wellness Institute, you may be required to take a bridge workshop. Allowances are available for dedicated and serious yoga students who are not on a teaching track may be invited to attend for the purposes of advanced study.
Module One – Advanced Philosophy, Ethics, and Teaching Presence
- Advanced exploration of the Yoga Sutras
- Co-Created relationship building
- Teacher presence
- Building trust
- Explicit Informed Consent
- Active listening
- Creating awareness
- Planning and Goal Setting
- Designing Actions
- Self Management
- Ethics and Scope of Practice
Module Two – Advanced Anatomy and Physiology: Myofascia and Connected Tissue
- Advanced exploration of DFL
- Advanced exploration of SBL
- Advanced exploration of SFL
- Advanced exploration of LL
- Advanced exploration of SL
- Advanced exploration of Arm Lines
- Business of 1:1 Yoga
Module Three – Transforming Lives with Advanced Yoga
- Advanced study of eight limbs of Yoga
- The Science of Yoga and the Body Systems
- In-depth understanding of the dis-ease of Dosha
- Working with pain and the breath, physically and emotionally
- Understanding our client’s needs
- Adaptive Yoga (Langhana, Brahmana, Sama Vritti)
- Tailoring the practice to the client (through asana, chakra meditation, mantra, mudra, and pranayama)
- The Business of 1:1 Yoga